I promised you a recipe and here it is. If you want to figure out the caloric value, go ahead. All I know is that it is easy, yummy, and feels healthy. Yes, I said feels. Why? Because deep down inside, I’m doing a happy dance.
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained
- 1 4oz. chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cooked medium grain white rice (no instant crap!)
- 1-2 cups frozen corn
- 2 small brown (organic, free range) eggs
- Dollops of Sour cream (Fat Free or Light if you want)
- Salt, pepper, garlic, and spicy stuff. I used a blackening seasoning rub
- Set your oven to 350*F
- Place your chicken on a foil lined cookie sheet. Lightly season the chicken and bake until done (maybe 10-15minutes)
- Scramble the eggs and cook on a skillet until done. If you have a non stick skillet, you don’t have to use any oil.
- Add the black beans, rice, corn, and chicken to the eggs. Add more seasonings as you see fit.
- Serve and eat with a little bit of sour cream.
I eat a big lunch, so this was 2 meals for me. I only had to keep it frozen for 48 hours, so I can’t say how well it reheats after being frozen for a long time. Also, I really like this because you can add peppers, zucchini, or any other veggies to the mix. Just bake them next to the chicken. You could also shred up some lettuce, chop tomatoes, mince onions, or whatever your heart desires.
I’m definitely making this again and next time, I’m upping the quantities so I have enough for a whole week’s worth of eating.